Just My Type of Travel
As a pattern designer, I often get to work with digital images of fabrics or a "virtual stash" before they arrive in stores. What a treat! It is so much fun to virtually sew on the computer - and a digital blog hop is even better!
Assignment: Color an existing pattern from this beautiful collection: Just My Type batiks - these beauties were designed by Tammy Silvers for Island Batik!
Who can resist these colors (especially when we are heading into winter)? These colors remind me of a summer at the beach! I can just picture it now: some summer reading, a straw hat and of course, my sunglasses!
Since I am departing on a virtual vacation, how can I transport my goodies to the beach? I would choose our Honeycomb Handbag pattern! The binding frames each hexagon, giving each fabric a little space to show off. You can admire each batik individually and as a whole.
The Honeycomb Handbag pattern also includes a little clutch - I will need this too! Just adorable and it has enough room for just the essentials for a night on the town after a sunny day at the beach! This pattern features Craftex Hexagon precuts by Bosal. Ask for the pattern and the Hexagons at your local quilt shop or on line at Stina's Quilt and Sewing Supplies.
Well, that was fun! A virtual vacation is better than no vacation! Stop by these blogs for some more inspiration and meet some talented designers:
· Nov.2: Tamarinis with Tammy Silvers
· Nov.2: Sewing Room Shenanagins with Janellea Macbeth
· Nov.3: The Quilt Rambler with Karen Overton
· Nov.3: Faith and Fabric with Jen Frost
· Nov.4: Fat Quarter Gypsy with Joanne Hillestad
· Nov.4: Slice of Pi Quilts with Laura Piland
· Nov.5: Inquiring Quilter with Jennifer Fulton
· Nov.6: Seams Like a Dream with Kate Colleran
· Nov.6: Swanamity with Swan Sheridan
· Nov.6: Colourwerx with Linda Sullivan
Happy (dream) stitching!